Not able to copy and paste images from Microsoft OneNote into Zammad Knowledge Base

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) apt-get install
  • Operating system: Ubuntu
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome 77.0.3865.120

Expected behavior:

• To see an image when pasting it into the knowledge base, like this, for example:

Actual behavior:

• Instead of the picture I see a broken icon link (and the alternative text linked with the image)

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Open Microsft OneNote 2016, then either copy (Ctrl+c) an image directly or a couple of lines including the image
  • Then paste it (with Ctrl+v) into Zammad Knowledge Base

This is currently a technical limitation in Zammad and is because of the source of the image.
Please ensure to either copy the image content or use a graphical tool like paint or so to copy and paste the image content.

There’s an issue to this which can be found here for your reference to understand the issue better :):

Thanks for the clarification! … I guess asking when this will be fixed makes no sense, since it depends on the developers?

It’s just that we would like to fill the knowledge base and without a proper copy and paste function it is simply speaking so time consuming that it will not be worth it … :wink:

If I were to become a self-hosted “business edition” paying customer, do you think it would help in speeding up the bugfixing?

This issue is a bit complex, as it affects core functionality of our editor.
As we’re planning to enhance the editor in the future™ I honestly can’t tell if it makes sense to touch this issue before hand.

Please don’t get me wrong here. :slight_smile:

Yes and no. We’re priotizing issues from paying customers.
That normally should speed up fixing issues, however, right now we have a bit more on our list.

That’s why I’m not sure if we’re able to have the desired effect on your side.
While it always helps Zammad as product to have paying customers in any way, I don’t want to make promises we might be able to keep up with.

I hope you get what I mean. :slight_smile:

I understand. Thanks for the reply. And thanks for making such a great product. I have done some extensive research and there simply isn’t any other product which can match the simplicity and performance of Zammad! There are also some very unique and useful features. I hope Zammad adds all the missing features necessary to compete with enterprise-grade ticketing systems. But as far as I have seen from the blog, you keep adding missing functions regularly and even the “free” community support from yourself is outstanding.

Currently we are evaluating Zammad for our enterprise, but if we will use zammad in production we will definitely become a paying customer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.