New person questions

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 6.2.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: Source
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04
  • Browser + version: Chrome 120.0.6099

i just got zammad up, running, working, setting up and all that. i love it so far! but i have some questions

can i change the background on the login screen? or is that static ?

importing old tickets from Spiceworks (i have a JSON exported) not sure what the best way to import them with. if its not a possibility i understand.

is there a way to get an IP address, or maybe the computer name that the said person is putting a request into the ticket details?

Ok so i figured out how to push the background it via the zammad.css file

I know its not ideal, can i move that background variable into custom.css and be fine? I dont know what it is off hand, --background something. Id have to look when i get into work.

Be aware that custom CSS might be overwriten when updating.
There is no official Spiceworks importer, so it’s only possible by scripting and using the API.

Adding a computer name to a ticket is impossible because it is never send to the server in the first place.

Adding an IP address is technically possible, but the demand for it would be pretty low. An IP address might be used by thousands. There is no Session endpoint in the API. So the only way to do this is making a custom IP field, create a webhook trigger on ticket creation, create a script that responds to the trigger, parse the Nginx logs and extract the IP, and finally set the custom IP field of the ticket via the API.

There are many things that can go wrong here. I wouldn’t try it.

yeah, thats what i was aware and afraid of.

can i just move --fullscreen-background: url(‘’) to custom.css and be fine?

I have never applied custom CSS myself. But it should work yes. And despite what I said earlier, the custom.css should be upgrade safe.

I see there’s questions open. Not sure if they’re answered for you so I’ll just shoot.

Zammad has no support for importing json files to tickets.

What you can do (if you feel capable of it) is to parse the JSON with a custom script that then adds the jsons entries via Zammads API.

This may be complicated so I’m not sure if it’s worth the trouble for you.
You can find more input on Zammads API here:
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/api/intro.html

No, only if there’s a custom ticket field (object) that is mandatory for the user to fill in. This won’t work if the ticket is being created via email.