Multiple email recipients and reply to them

• Used Zammad version: 3.1.x (From Zammad->Settings->Version page)
  • Used Zammad installation source: (RPM repo)
  • Operating system: CentOS 7
  • Browser + version: Mozilla Firefox 68.0.2 (64-bit)

Expected behavior:
When ticket is received by zammad that has multiple recipients, zammad should be able to (i guess) to see that and when providing replies to ticket, it should reply to others in “To” or CC fields.

Actual behavior:
When clicking on a “Reply”, it will add only sender to “To” list.
It could/should act like “Reply all” or have that option

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• E-Mail is sent by customer and will include for example their manager, and other IT or relative staff in “To” or “CC” fields.
  • Zammad will receive and automatically create ticket but when “Reply” is generated, only original sender is added to “To” field. Cannot see other recipients.

I guess this could be by design and if so, sorry for wrong group and it should then go to “Feature request”. A “Reply all” function should exists or regular “Reply” should incorporate “Reply all” function.
Thanks in advance.

Zammad does provide “Reply all” buttons for articles that have more than one recipient (no matter if in TO or CC). This works pretty well actually.

Personally I don’t think it’s a good idea to have a “reply all all” button thingie that looks for all recipients you EVER communicated with in this ticket.

If you’re talking about the first point (so my “it does work”), then please provide more information.
E.g. show a blurred screen of your article being affected or the mail.

So basically: Give us the option to reproduce this. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the fast reply :slight_smile:
Well, I’ve took a closer look. Basically you’re right. It does have a “Reply all” but only if customer who sent the mail/ticket was not an agent.
And no, It’s definitely NOT a good idea to have “reply all all” :smiley:

If I as an agent send a ticket via email then i don’t have a reply all option.
If a regular customer sends a ticket via email then reply option appears.

So basically:

marko.todoric@somethingsomething.com (agent, admin) sends an email with “TO: support@zammad.somethingsomething.com, maretodoric@something.com, thirdparty@somethingelse.com” // then ticket gets created but no “Reply all” button.
Screenshot will be posted little further down.

maretodoric@something.com (customer) sends an email with “TO: support@zammad.somethingsomething.com, marko.todoric@somethingsomething.com” then i get a “Reply all” button.
Screenshot will be posted little further down.

Sometimes agents will open tickets in our company for internal use, for example:

• NOC team requesting new Server from hardware department.
  • Linux team requesting a firewall pass for certain IP to NOC team
  • Marketing team is requesting Linux team to setup a new apache server with PHP 7.3 etc…

But it is also used when customers are emailing their problems:

• Customers emailing NOC with issues with their equipment
  • Customers complaining to hosting server performances etc…

So it would be nice if reply all would be visible even if an agent opens a ticket.

First screenshot, sending as an agent

Second screenshot, sending as a customer

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.