Mobile client issue with Zammad 6.0, wss related

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 6.0.0-1686341484.c00b581a.focal

• Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, …) package

• Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04,

• Browser + version: Edge (114.0.1823.37) and Latest Safari on IOS 16.5

• Env: NGINX->zammad server with nginx. So one external NGINX-proxyserver that forwards to an internal server where zammad, and nginx, resides.

Expected behavior:

• Being able to reply on ticket in mobile mode, and not getting a “The connection to the server was lost” error message on scren

Actual behavior:

• Unable to reply on tickets, it keeps spinning the loading wheel indefinetly. Getting “The connection to the server was lost” on the top, everywhere.

• Error message in browser logs are: WebSocket connection to 'wss://<myfqdn>/cable' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 404

• Error in production.log:

• A WebSocket error also occurs in non-mobile view, unsure if related: Browser logs says:
    WebSocket connection to 'wss://<myfqdn>/ws' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 502 and WebSocket connection to 'wss://<myfqdn>:6042/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Did install zammad since its was kept back from upgrade (due to new dependencies, redis). Worked perfectly. Then added the new conf to nginx-configuration. And right away got these issues.

Hey @fredrikmagnusson-mf :slight_smile:

Did you manage to get it running? I guess your external nginx proxy does not allow websockets.

Yes I did, and as you guessed it was related to the external nginx proxy.

It was missing the following lines, ergo not being able to use websockets:

proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
proxy_set_header Connection "Upgrade";
proxy_http_version 1.1;

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.