Migration from RT

Hi,
I’m migrating from RT and created a PHP script to read from the RT database, transaction by transaction and created the equivalent transaction using the REST API in Zammad.
It’s slow and it will take days to complete as I have more than 35000 tickets to migrate. In that way I can keep all the history in one place.
If anyone wants the script I can supply it for free.
I found a few problems:
Zammad’s API doesn’t allow to change the dates (creation, update, etc), then I tried modifying the date in the zammad database but somehow that wasn’t working well.
As I’m not using the zammad server yet, I made a dirty fix by changing the date and time on the server before each transaction.
The next problem is that I don’t seem to be able to enter the tickets in the name of the customer. This is not a huge deal as most tickets are closed, only about 400 remain open so I’ll fix them afterwards.
It would be great if there was a bit more control in the API at least to do migrations.
Regards,
Federico

Not sure if this is really a feature request.
I’m very sure that you can provide dates in the past - this might not affect all date fields, but e.g. creation should allow it I think. Didn’t test it though.

For the “in the name of the customer” thing, there’s a functionality on the API already.
You’re looking for “on behalf”: https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/api/intro.html#example-curl-request-on-behalf-of-a-different-user

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

We are currently not planning to implement this feature request due to missing feedback / hearts from the community. This might change in future.