Migration Error

Hi Everyone,

I am running a migration from OTRS 5 (ubuntu 16.04) to Zammad 3.3.x (Ubuntu 18.04)

• Used Zammad version: 3.3.x
  • Used Zammad installation source:
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Chrome 81.0.4044.113

Expected behavior:

Migration completes successfully.

Actual behavior:

PG::ForeignKeyViolation: ERROR: insert or update on table “tickets” violates foreign key constraint “fkrailsf39559d6d6” DETAIL: Key (group_id)=(0) is not present in table “groups”. : INSERT INTO “tickets” (“id”, “groupid”, “priorityid”, “stateid”, “number”, “title”, “ownerid”, “customerid”, “updatedbyid”, “createdbyid”, “createdat”, “updated_at”) VALUES ($1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9, $10, $11, $12) RETURNING “id”

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

I have only attempted this once, but I installed both extensions into OTRS and then ran the migration from Zammad web UI.

here is a screenshot of error

Just to be sure, did you run the migration twice?
If so, please ensure to start from scratch, because otherwise this won’t work.

this was the first time i ran the migration, i have since migrated successfully onto seperate ubunutu install using command line.

just a question, when the migration fails how do i cancel it so that i can re-run it, i tried droppping the daabase but that didnt seem to work.

Thanks

You need to stop all Zammad service.
Dropping the database is protected. Sorry, but I won’t get in detail on how to overcome this protection because the error message does tell you what environment variable needs to be set.

This is to protect users from doing potential dangerous operations.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.