• Operating system:
  • Browser + version: any

Expected behavior:

• All attachment visible in Zammad

Actual behavior:

• All attachments are stripped

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Receive a ticket through email sent by Outlook

We’re having rendering problems on emails coming from Outlook users. The main issue is that attachments are stripped. I.e. we got an email which had three attachments, but on Zammad we just see an useless winmail.dat attachment. Even the raw mail download from Zammad doesn’t show attachments.

Other than that, when an Outlook user sends an email with an inline table, maybe copied from Excel, the table gets messed up: all the cells, regardless of their original position, are listed vertically. To be more clear this:

immagine

becomes this in Zammad:

winmail.dat appears in situations where the sender does not send HTML mails, but RTF-Content.
This is no issue when you’re communicating and reading the sent mails with outlook only. As soon as you’re leaving the Microsoft world, it is.

The above is a bug.

Please note that you’re trying to paste styled HTML tables into Zammad.
The Zammad sanitizer does remove this, because it doesn’t support it.

You can however paste unformatted tables.
This currently works as designed.

this bug?

No the html was not pasted into zammad, it was pasted into Outlook! Then it’s not displayed into the ticket in Zammad

should be, however, best option would to ensure that the sender sends HTML mails :see_no_evil:

Would it be possible to see both, sent mail from outlook and received mail from Zammad?
If too sensitive, you may send it via private message if that’s good enough for you. :slight_smile:

I wish I could force users to use the clients I want :smiley:

I’ll send you a PM

1 Like

Did you get my PM? I’ve sent it some time ago…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.