Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.2
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: CentOS 7
  • Browser + version: Firefox

Expected behavior:

• Emails from mailer-daemon@domain.tld don’t create a ticket

Actual behavior:

• Emails from mailer-daemon@domain.tld don’t get filtered and thus a ticket is created every time

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Normal Zammad installation via package installation
  • Setup email config
  • Use default options for email filtering in Zammad-Settings–>Channels–>Email–>Settings

Screenshot of created ticket:

Content of “delivery report.txt”:

Reporting-MTA: dns; helpdesk.domain.tld
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: B4BE6414BD63
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; mailuser@domain.tld
Arrival-Date: Mon,  9 Mar 2020 21:53:09 +0100 (CET)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; emailtrytest@znuny.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; connect to
    utah.znuny.com[2a01:4f8:c0:14df::666]:25: Network is unreachable

(Default)-Settings for Email filtering in Zammad-Settings–>Channels–>Email–>Settings:

So I guess those emails should be filtered? But actually they are not.
Am I missing a configuration here?

No this setting is not used for completely ignoring these messages but it’s used to control that YOUR zammad doesn’t reply to these senders with the normal ticket creation notifications.
Most of the times you don’t want to completely ignore these mails, e.g. if you write an e-mail from within a ticket or if one of your agents created a customer manually while he was on the phone and the mail address is wrong, you want to see the message from mailer-daemon in your ticket so you know that your customer didn’t receive the mail.
If you really want to ignore these mails you can set up a filter in Channels -> E-Mail -> Filter that looks s.th. like this:

2020-03-17 14_17_24-common solutions Test-Helpdesk - E-Mail

3 Likes

Thanks @awedor for clearing this up!
I guess I got confused with the wording here then.

I see your point in not filtering those emails, as it might be a good indicator to be able to see problems arising in this context and I totally agree with you!

However, I don’t understand where the error occurs in the first place. In the delivery report.txt the address emailtrytest@znuny.com is listed. I guess, this is a service wich sends test emails to check if email-settings are still correct and the service is working as intended. Although I only receive error mails regarding this test-emails now and then. I get an error email (and ticket) about every two days.
Emails in general work fine and I don’t have any problems, except those errors from the test-mails.

So, what’s the idea of these test-mails?

It looks like there is s.th. wrong with your E-Mail Setup, specifically for the outgoing config. If you search for this specific mail address there are some threads that might help.

1 Like

Looks like utah is only rachable via IPv4 (in terms of mail via Port 25) but your mail server tries to reach it via IPv6. Maybe you might want to priotize IPv4 in terms of mail delivery.

The emailtrytest@znuny.com normally only is used if you setup a new account, as Zammad checks if your configuration is technically correct. It’s possible that there’s bigger time inbetween those situations, as your mail server might keep on trying to send that mail away.

If it doesn’t coming daily you might be safe to ignore it.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.