Macro changes ticket state to "closed" even though it shouldn't

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.0.2-1638348154.49058123.centos7
  • Used Zammad installation type: yum from Zammad repository
  • Operating system: Linux (CentOS 7.9)
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome 96.0.4664.55 and Firefox 94.0.2

Problem Description

I have set up a Macro, which assigns a ticket to the current user and sets it to open:

However since our recent update from Zammad 4.1.0-1626855612.90b59692.centos7.x86_64 to 5.0.2-1637076120.1ba497d6.centos7, this Macro also sets the state to “closed”, but doesn’t save it (fortunately). See the following screencast shared here and observe the “State” field.

In a previous version the Macro only set the owner and not also the State to “open”. I added this step in an attempt to fix the problem. However this didn’t change the behaviour.

Does anyone have an idea why this happens and how this annoying behaviour can be fixed?

I’ve done some more tests, and I realized, that any status change (vie Macro or manually) from a new ticket in anything else, results in the status to set as closed.

Status new → set status to e.g. “pending close” → update ticket → status is set to “closed” but is not saved

So this is probably a duplicate of Default macro -Update- closes ticket

I’ve opened a bug report at Changing ticket status from "new" to any other status always results in uncommited status "closed" · Issue #3880 · zammad/zammad · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.