M365 general setup questions

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 6.2
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: ubuntu
  • Browser + version: edge

i am brand new to zammad, the installation was no problem, but now, when it comes to access resources (mailboxes) i want to mae sure, that i understand
the system or how the system works…

thoughts about general way of working:

• our company is using m365 only
  • customers are employees, no external company
  • in our mircrosoft tenant are 4 domains connected that should be covered from an it team that also is split onto those 4 maildomains
  • one shared m365 mailbox :ticket@companycom
  • all other are user mailboxes
  • the customers(users) should be authenticated by m365 and open ticket without creating user accounts within zammad

here are my thoughts about incoming tickets:

• channels are just the way tickets arrive in zammad
  • the m365 channel is used to configure the incoming tickets (ticket@compaycom shared mailbox)?
  • all this is done via a registered app in azure?

here are my thoughts about working on creating and working on tickets:

• all employees should be logged in automatically
  • usergroup A (customers) to create tickets
  • usergroup B (agents) to work on these tickets
  • usergroup A and B are m365-users with mailboxes in a multi-domain-tenant
  • the zammad admin seperates customers from agents (group A/B)?
  • the users are authenticated via the same azure-registered-app as on the m365 channel?

hopefully that was not to confusing?

kind regards

juerji

Late answers but maybe it helps your or others.

Correct!

The Azure App is required so that you can use the Microsoft 365 channels and user authentication. You will will need to add the account (channel wise) that you need though.

User wise they can authenticate as soon as it’s configured.

This is controlled via Roles in Zammad. Any use can have one or more roles. employees would be the customer (in classic view, those who seek support) and the agents are those that work on the tickets. So in classic IT terms: The IT guy is an agent, all other users customer.

That is perfectly possible if you want to combine both apps with the permissions and works. You can also use two separate apps if you prefer, as you have two configuration portions for that.