• Used Zammad installation type: packaged version
  • Operating system: Debian 10
  • Browser + version: Edge - actual

Expected behavior:

• Login to m365 working with the supplied settings & credentials

Actual behavior:

• Error-Message when logging into m365 account

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• After configuring the “app” I try to add the email-account.

Side-note:
We’ve been using Zammad on our local email-service for over 2 years without a hazzle and not moved email over to m365. So the basic config is ok, we’ve had success with fetching and sending emails via IMAP/SMTP access to the m365 account since last wednesday when MS “closed the gates” and we cannot connect with the IMAP/SMTP protocol anymore.

I started using Zammad with m365 IMAP/SMTP protocol for months and suddenly MS closed the gates. I had to ask M365 admin to create an App in admin portal and connect to m365 again!

Hi Elvis,
thanks for the reply - that is exactly what my m365 admin did. However, when I try to setup the account it does not work, when I try to login via web-interface into the specified service-account I do get the above error-message which I do not unterstand as this is a “standard” mailbox…

I suspect you’re talking about the Microsoft 365 Channel and not authentication (which is two different things).

Please ensure to follow our oauth app documentation which will tell you what to set:
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/channels/microsoft365/accounts/register-app.html

Your app configuration is probably incomplete.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.