Line breaks (word wrap) not working correctly in knowledgebase

Infos:

  • Used Zammad version: 3.3.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: rpm package
  • Operating system: Windows 10
  • Browser + version: Chrome 80

Expected behavior:

  • Words are not being split up in the Knowledge Base

Actual behavior:

  • Internal published articles in the KB are displayed differently depending on where I look at them. Opening an article within Zammad words are being split at the end of the line

If I open the same article in the external display the content shows up correctly.

If I remember correct, the content was the same before. It did not matter where I opened the article.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

  • create a text within the KB, publish it internal and open it once within Zammad and open another instance with image

Did you by chance change css of Zammad or is this a vanilla installation?

This is a vanilla installation via rpm package.

I can’t reproduce this in normal articles or lists.
Where I can reproduce this is within table headers.

Did you happen to use a table inside there? That would describe the issue.

Hi there,

this seems to be only happening in knowledgebase articles and as stated before only when opening within zammad and not the external page. Opening with the internal page the text has correct line breaks.

Example:

Sorry, but I still can’t reproduce it.

It’s still unclear what you have to do to get this effect. Sorry.

.knowledge-base .richtext-content {
 word-break:break-all
}

This shouldn’t be there.
Vanilla installation as well.

Oh wow, totally agree on this.
Gladly I had to learn I’ve been looking in the wrong direction all the time. :confused:

Thank you very much for not giving up and in the end helping me to see the issue.
I’ve created a bug report already - you can find it here:

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you both so much! I wasn’t able to look into the code.