- Sometimes spam emails are sent with a lot of email addresses in the CC field.
- Zammad by default creates users for each of these addresses.
- This is useful if you want to refer to one of these users e.g. while picking a customer for a ticket.
- It may be annoying if it’s pure spam and the created users serve no purpose.
To prevent the creation of many users by spam emails it wold be nice…
- …for the admin to be able to set a limit (e.g.: 20) for users created per incoming email in the email settings.
- …for the admin to set up a deletion job, either via the scheduler, or the “data privacy” feature, to delete all users without any own tickets as a customer.
Maybe it would be nice if there is a scheduler job, which removes all tickets (and related objects) with the “spam” tag?
You can do that with schedulers already.
Doesn’t apply to related objects through because this might lead to potential issues.
E.g. unwanted user removal where only one ticket was spammy.
I would change this request to
Please don’t create user accounts for anything other than the sender. There is absolutely no reason to create user accounts for addresses that are in CC and it totally blows up our user accounts. They are not needed in a technical sense and they are probably not wanted by many users. At least make it an optional setting in the e-mail channel settings please.
It would be nice if a cc user is created related to a ticket, it’s shown it as a relevant ticket in it’s profile;
maybe have an 3rd filter, showing all tickets where the user is involved?
Looks like your feature request does not fit to the rest of the thread.
Please create an independent thread for it.
Other wise it might slip and not get the attention it deserves.