• Used Zammad installation source: package Ubuntu
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: Safari

Expected behavior:

• After LDAP sync all users appear under the users section

Actual behavior:

• Sync results:
  • LDAP user to Zammad user (13391/13391):
    • Users: 0 created, 1 updated, 4786 untouched, 8604 skipped, 0 failed, 0 deactivated
  • LDAP groups to Zammad roles assignments:
    • Admin: 0 created, 0 updated, 1 untouched, 0 failed, 0 deactivated
    • Agent: 0 created, 0 updated, 9 untouched, 0 failed, 0 deactivated
    • Customer: 0 created, 1 updated, 4777 untouched, 0 failed, 0 deactivated

Only about 30 or so users show up under the “Users” section rather than the 4786 expected users.

I think this is actually the cause of my other issue with users being deactivated by other login methods.

What you’re experiencing (in terms of user management interface) is not a direct bug, but a currently a normal behavior of Zammad. (see: https://github.com/zammad/zammad/issues/2214)

This is also documented here: https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/manage/users/via-the-admin-panel.html

Note that depending on your LDAP server you may experience limits in term sof number of objects your LDAP server provides before closing the connection. But let’s not mix things up.

I’ve ended up side stepping the issue by not using LDAP or local login and just using Google login and SAML. Users are only generated on first login so the issue with the bulk creation seems to have been avoided.

I’m not 100% sure this isn’t a different issue though, because I couldn’t even search for other users when I was using LDAP. But again I’ve side stepped this by just using SAML and Google Logins for my users.

Hi,

@MrGeneration is there any Progress on the issue you referred to? The last comment on the issue is a few months ago and the discussion is locked.

best regards,
Tobi

The discussion is locked to reduce those kind of questions which would cause quite some noise on the repository.

We will update the issue accordingly as soon as anything moves in this regard.
We in general don’t provide deeper insights or even ETAs. Sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.