Knowledgebase search bug - when removing search text too quickly from the search box using backspace

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.2.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: Source
  • Operating system: Centos
  • Browser + version: Chrome - Version 99.0.4844.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Expected behavior:

• When performing a search in KB search box, as each letter is entered the results start to get populated as expected. When you try to remove the text typed by pressing the “backspace” button by holding it down or one by one, it is expected the search results to eventually get completely removed from view.

Actual behavior:

• When the “backspace” button is used to remove the search terms from the search box too quickly (either by holding down the “backspace” , search results end up not getting cleared.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• As explained above.

I didn’t want to submit this as an issue until checking here first, but if I won’t hear anything opposing it, I might go ahead and raise this as an issue on GitHub in the next couple days.

Can reproduce this in our environment.

Used Zammad version: 5.2.1-1660653890.f62bd08c.bullseye
Used Zammad installation type: package
Operating system: deb11
Browser + version: chrome/edge/firefox (all latest)

Happens as soon as you’re searching for words consisting of >=3 letters and holding down backspace.
Holding backspace down after searching for words consisting of <=2 letters works fine on my end.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.