Knowledge Bases answer appears in search result even if category permissions are set to none

Hello everybody, i need help and i hope to find it here.
I opened two issues about this topic but they have been closed most recent issue

Could someone verify if this also happens in your environments, or if it is a problem only for our team?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.1.1
  • Installation method (source, package, …): Source
  • Operating system: CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)
  • Database + version: postgresql 9.6
  • Elasticsearch version: 7.9.1
  • Browser + version: doesn’t matter

Expected behavior:

• I expect that If i set a knowledge base category permission to “none” for a the default role “agent” and the answers visibility to “internal”, the knowledge base answers that belongs to that category will be hidden from the knowledge base in-ticket search function “??” from the Agent prospective.

Actual behavior:

• The answer is still visible in the in-ticket search function "??’’.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• As an Admin
  • Set Agent role permissions for the knowledge base to “reader”

• Set category permission for the role Agent to “None”

• Set the answer visibility to “Internal”

• Switch to an user with the Agent role.
  • Create a new ticket.
  • In the text area use the search function with the shortcut “??”.
  • Search for the answer that should be hidden.

• the hidden answer is still visibile.

• log dev.log

1 Like

Hi @andrea-monti ,
I found out that we have the same problem. The search results are visible in the tickets when when using “??” for a person that does not have permission to view them. Additionally, the general search function (top left corner) also lists them in the search results. Even though here you cannot access the knowledge base answers, they are still listed in the search results for a person that does not have permissions to see these answers.
Using zammad version 5.1.x

1 Like

Hi @tiner
Thanks for the reply, did you guys figured it out how to solve this problem?
I have opened an issue on zammad’s github but it has been closed.

Hi @andrea-monti
unfortunately we just started to use zammad so we have not figured it out yet… :frowning:
At this point I just have accepted that everyone can see the titles but not the content of the knowledge base entries… Still hoping someone from the community can help. Will keep you updated if I find a workaround…

For the record, we have observed the same issue. Using Zammad 5.2.0-1656011622.80bf57c1.focal. I’m happy to provide more information if needed.

1 Like

Hello @MrGeneration, can you please give another go at the issue #4078 or #4069 ?
@tiner and @dvanzuijlekom have the same problem as us

I’m now ignoring this thread as people keep on directly mentioning me instead waiting patiently in order. I’m tired of warning and pointing out.

If you require priority support insert a freaking coin.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.