Knowledge Base on Mobile, Zammad 6.0

Hello everyone,

we are using Zammad both on site and out when visiting customers. A huge part of our day to day work is troubleshooting. For that, the knowledge base is a great feature.

However, why wasn’t it implemented in the new mobile UI?
It is quite annoying that I have to tell my guys that they have to navigate to the old UI first in order to access the KB. And given how the KB is structured I would imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to put it in the new mobile view as well.

Kind regards,

Rasd

4 Likes

Hi @Rasd,

please have a look here: Mobile View — Zammad (for Agents) documentation

In addition to this, the Mobile View is a complete rewrite of the current tech stack that Zammad is using in the Desktop App. Therefore your statement And given how the KB is structured I would imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to put it in the new mobile view as well. is not valid at all. :slight_smile:

For sure, there are many more to come, this is just the start and we would like to see if the Mobile View is a big step in the right direction.

I feel the same way.

The knowledge base should be in the mobile application.

In our case we have it very well structured and it helps us in the consultation or answer of a ticket.

Best regards.

The Mobile View is a huge step forward. We are very thankful for this.
But of course, everybody is missing anything. For us, the lack of the time accounting makes it more or less useless to us because we account time for every step. In Combination with the wrong ordered Notifications.

For others, it’s the Knowledge Base that’s missing.

I am sure that those features will come, as I am sure that this will be a lot of work.

2 Likes

As I already mentioned, the mobile view is just a first step in this direction. Under the hood, it’s a complete rewrite of the frontend code as well as some backend parts of Zammad. This takes much time and we’re doing our best to further improve Zammad. Stay tuned!

1 Like

I know. I just wanted to give a “thank you” for this and that the mobile view feature seems like an extreme advantage and worth updating. We could work so much faster and spontaneous from everywhere with it, can’t wait using it bugfixed and with time accounting feature. But don’t feel being rushed, that was not my intention with that post.

1 Like

Hello!

I also want the KB on the Mobile UI! :wink:

beside: i haven’t found the right way to add the KB link into an ticket answer … any fast solution here?!
(i really want the link within the answer - not the content pasted in and not to link the KB on the right side)

this would also be a workaround for the mobile UI, if we can manage to open a new tab i think)
at the moment you get back to your “HOME” screen

Thanks at all!! :slight_smile:

If you want a feature to become reality, please give the first article of this thread a heart.
I’m afraid that feature request threads are not a suitable place to ask technical questions, please create your own thread to it. This also applies if you have a different feature request. Other wise you and we may loose crucial parts in terms of overview.