Issues adding ticket state in zammad

Hello,

I have created a new ticket state called on-hold via using the documentation HERE as a pending state.

Ticket::State.create_or_update(name: 'On-hold',state_type: Ticket::StateType.find_by(name: 'pending action'), created_by_id: 1, updated_by_id: 1, )

I am also able to create overviews with the new ticket state.

However, I don’t get how can I display this new ticket state in the GUI

I am assuming there is a change I can do in some table which containes the states that need to be displayed in GUI but can’t find since I am just 2 weeks into Zammad…

@MrGeneration Do you have any suggestion here since in the documentation cannot see it anywhere, nor via API?

you need to run this you miss the commad to show in GUI
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/admin/console/working-on-tickets.html#make-new-states-available-to-ui

1 Like

Do you know, if I create a new “pending” state, will this be forced to reopen everytime a Customer answers? We are searching for a “pending” state that does not become open when a customer answers.

Yes.
Zammad will also switch back to “open” if a customer answers.

The only exception for this are states with type closed in combination of disallowing following up on a group basis.
See “follow-up possible” in the group settings for that
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/manage/groups/settings.html

1 Like

Thats sad, we still are missing a “remind me at” pending state that, no matter what happens, keeps its value and that way reminds me reliable without making a separate outlook calendar entry. That way, we finally could use the ical feature and planned ticket processing would not suddenly dissapear in our timeline when the user has another question or just says “Thank you, see you then”. The reopening seems hardcoded, so I could just decide to detroy the whole reopening or have all pending states reopened when a customers answers.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.