Is there a way to change the sort order of states?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 6.2.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 22.04
  • Chrome 123.0.6312.87

Expected behavior:

• Should be able to rename default (internal states) such as new, open to New, Open (which is possible via the console), but is it safe to rename these?
  • Should be able to have a custom sort order for states in the state dropdown when editing tickets. The intuitive order of the states is: New, Open, Pending reminder, Pending Close, Pending. In the absence of having a custom order, a workaround may be to rename the states with a prefix, eg: 0-New, 1-Open etc.

Actual behavior:

• It is possible to rename the states, but it is unclear from the documentation whether it is safe to do so.
  • I could not find the ability to influence the display sort order of states even via the console.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• No specific steps, just open a ticket and look at the sort order of the stated in the dropdown. It appears to be alphanumeric always.

In Version 6.3 you can modify the states via the webinterace. At the moment it is not possible you need to work with rails to rename/create etc.

Thanks. I saw the issue Possibility to add custom ticket states · Issue #4862 · zammad/zammad · GitHub where we are introducing the capability of adding a new state via the Web interface.

But looking at the mockups in that issue, I didn’t find a way to use a custom sort order like when adding a new attribute. That’s what I am looking for.

You can only “custom sort” states by adjusting the name imho.They’re ordered alphabetically.