Is the markup interpretation in overview names intentional?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 2.8.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: docker-compose
  • Operating system: Debian 9
  • Browser + version: Chrome 70

Background

I created a group called _Raw_ for incoming new tickets. The underscores are intentional, because I want this group to be the first entry in the group list, and Zammad doesn’t allow me to manually sort the groups.

Then I also created an overview called _Raw_ that only shows tickets in this group, and I was surprised that Zammad will actually interpret the underscores in the overview name as markup - the overview shows up underlined (as <u>Raw</u> in the HTML source).

I looked through the code and found the interpretation in app/assets/javascripts/app/lib/app_post/i18n.coffee, and used that to figure out the remaining syntax (which seems to be non-standard, it’s definitely not Markdown or reStructuredText):

# apply inline markup pre
    if markup
      translated = translated
        .replace(/\|\|(.+?)\|\|/gm, '<i>$1</i>')
        .replace(/\|(.+?)\|/gm, '<b>$1</b>')
        .replace(/_(.+?)_/gm, '<u>$1</u>')
        .replace(/\/\/(.+?)\/\//gm, '<del>$1</del>')
        .replace(/§(.+?)§/gm, '<kbd>$1</kbd>')
[...]
    # apply inline markup post
    if markup
      translated = translated
        .replace(/\[(.+?)\]\((.+?)\)/gm, '<a href="$2" target="_blank">$1</a>')

I renamed the overview to _Raw_ ||test|| |test| //del// §ESC§, and now it looks like this:

You can also put links into the overview, but then the formatting breaks slightly, and it becomes really confusing :smiley:

[evil Link](https://google.com)

I’m just reporting it because it seems kinda unintentional, but I don’t think it’s a problem. If it stays, maybe even document it? Might be useful to highlight important overviews.

Expected behavior:

• Not sure if I actually want it different from the actual behavior, it’s kinda nice :smiley:

Actual behavior:

• Zammad renders markup in the overview names. I’m not sure if this is intentional.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create an overview called _Raw_ ||test|| |test| //del// §ESC§

Oh I’m not sure as well, @martini or @thorsteneckel sureley are. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.