Is it possible to remove attachments in system notification e-mails

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.1.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: docker-compose
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: -

Expected behavior:

• No attached files in system notification e-mails. To see tickets details, agents must access the web interface.

Actual behavior:

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Open a ticket by sending an e-mail to Zammad with an attachment
  • Agents will receive the new ticket system notification with the attachment in the e-mail

Maybe it would make sense to post or check the contents of the *.html.erb for new ticket requests to make sure nobody has manipulated the contents.

/opt/zammad/app/views/mailer/ticket_create/de.html.erb as an example.

and confirm you don’t have a trigger overriding this notification, with the include attachment setting to Yes

Cheers
Robert

Hi RSmith, thank you for answering my question.

I had already checked the triggers and the only enabled trigger is not including attachments. I have created customized templates like the following:

en.html.erb.custom

New Ticket (#{ticket.title})

<div>Hi #{recipient.firstname},</div>
<br/>
<div>A new ticket (#{ticket.title}) has been created by "<b>#{current_user.longname}</b>".</div>
<br/>
<div>
#{t('Group')}: #{ticket.group.name}<br/>
#{t('Owner')}: #{ticket.owner.fullname}<br/>
#{t('State')}: #{t(ticket.state.name)}<br/>
</div>
<br/>
<% if @objects[:article] %>

<% end %>
<br/>
<div>
<a href="#{config.http_type}://#{config.fqdn}/#ticket/zoom/#{ticket.id}" target="zammad_app">#{t('View this in Zammad')}</a>
</div>

There is nothing in the templates that I could identify as a tag to include the attachments.

Is there anyone who could help? Thanks

I’d like to suggest to upgrade to Zammad 5.3 which is the current version.
At least on that version I cannot verify that tickets with attachments cause notifications with attachments.

That possibly was a bug then, don’t know.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.