Internal and external support

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.1.0
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package, …) package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 18.04
  • Browser + version: all

We have two customer support departments and one for internal IT-support.
Currently there are three roles (support RIS, support PACS, support internal) for agents and two roles for customers and internal employees.
There are cases where a support agent has an internal support request and from this point of view is himself a customer.

Configuration:

Support Agent (user) is a member of role “support RIS” and “employees”.

Actual behavior:

The agents now gets two “new ticket”-buttons
The page behind the buttons are almost identical, although the URL is a different one.

Normally the red marked fields are not visible for customers.

Question:

• How can we change the “new ticket” button so that a support agent can distinguish the buttons?
  • How can we customize the customer_ticket_new page so that only the customer version is displayed?
  • Is there an alternative solution for how a support agent can make internal support requests, without having to install zammad twice?

best regards
Andreas Berndt

Hey Andreas,

not really sure what you’re doing, but please ensure not to assign customer and agent role at the same time to an account. (This shouldn’t be possible, but who knows…)

Also, right now, it’s not supported by Zammad that an Agent can also be a customer at this moment. This might work, but the reliable way here is to communicate via Mail with this agent.

We have a pending development for this, but right now still are missing the funds ( see: Feature: Allow agents being customer in other groups they don't have access to ).

As far as I’m aware you currently can’t workaround this - also the two “new ticket” buttons should be one as soon you remove the customer role.

That sounds like the solution i’m looking for.
I will ask our management about this investment.

Best regards
Andreas

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.