- Used Zammad version: 2.1.
- Used Zammad installation source: Package
- Operating system: Ubuntu 14.02
- Browser + version: Chrome
- When one enters an IMAP Folder in Email Inbound settings, it is expected that Zammad checks both the entered folder and the default incoming email folder (i.e. Inbox) for purpose of Inbound email verification and throws an error, or at least a warning, if the verification email is received in default incoming email folder, rather than in entered IMAP folder.
When one enters an IMAP Folder in Email Inbound settings, Zammad tries to “Verify sending and receiving” but fails with “Verification mail not found in mailbox”, if the incoming emails are not redirected to the entered folder on the IMAP side.
Because of that, you can’t set up Zammad’s email channel if the entered folder and default incoming folder on IMAP are not one and the same. Not likely the intended behaviour, especially without notice, warning or clear error message.
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Enter any valid IMAP folder
- If the entered folder is not your default incoming email folder, you will not be able to proceed
- If you move the email from your inbox into the folder you entered in Zammad mannualy, before the verification is finished, verification passes.