I added a ticket priority using API, but it is not visible in creation of tickets

Hello community.

I hope i can leave a technical issue here where someone may help me.

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.4
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: CentOS7
  • Browser + version: Firefox 79

Expected behavior:

• I changed the name of an existing (ticket) priority and added a new priority with commands

curl -u username:password -H “Content-Type: application/json” -X PUT -d ‘{“name”: “3 - medium”, “active”: true, “default_create”: true, “ui_icon” : null, “ui_color”: null}’ https://ZAMMADHOST/api/v1/ticket_priorities/{3}
curl -u username:password -H “Content-Type: application/json” -X POST -d ‘{“name”: “4 - low”, “active”: true, “ui_icon” : null, “ui_color”: null}’ https://ZAMMADHOST/api/v1/ticket_priorities

• Expected that priority “3 - medium” is now the default priority for new tickets
  • Expected also that priority “4 - low” is now also on the list for new tickets

Actual behavior on ticket cration:

• Priority with id 2 is still the default for new tickets
  • Priority 4 is not on the list in the ticket UI for new tickets
  • Priority 4 is on the list for existing tickets

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Add a new priority using REST API
  • restart of ZAMMAD or reboot doesn’t help

So my changes are not working for new tickets, but existing tickets.
Do i miss something?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
This will be the last puzzle piece that is missing…

Regards
Marco.

Heya,

Two things:

Best regards

Hello MrGeneration,

thank you very much for your answer.
But because your 1st thing didn’t help (it is already set to false) it seems to be the bug you mentioned.

It seems that the behavior is only wrong for new manual tickets (using the “+” sign). When a ticket is created via incoming mail the correct default priority is used.

So I informed the agents that we have to wait for a fix that maybe comes in a next version.

Regards
Marco.

1 Like

For the time being you could workaround this issue with a specific trigger changing the priority upon creation for you. However, this will block priority 2 - normal from specific usuage if required.

Yes, that would be an option. Thank you.
But i will leave it as it is, because it is only for manually added tickets.
Tickets per E-mail (95% of our tickets) working well.
Thank you for your help.
ZAMMAD is still a great tool!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.