How to set customer for new ticket

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.4.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, …)
  • Operating system: OpenSuse
  • Browser + version:

Hi, we are using Zammad for a while now, new tickets are imported via the IMAP channel.
However when trying to create a ticket manually, it is not possible to get a list of existing customers on the customer field. There is only “+ Create new customer”. I can’t type in a company name that we already have defined as organisation. The only working thing is an explicit email address of a customer like foobar@company.invalid
But creating a ticket I don’t plan to assign it to a person, but a whole organisation. How would I do that? How can I get at least the known mail addresses being automatically completed?

Hi,

first of all - I would strongly advise to update, as 3.4.0 is quite oooooold (and may have security issues) - current version is 5.2.0

A ticket is always created for a person, not an organisation… There is no way to do that as you want to. The only thing you could do is to create a generic user for this organisation… That’s the way zammad works…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.