How to properly update?

Hi all,

Absolutely love zammad and the frequent updates. I’m wondering though, what is the correct way to update?

At initial installation, I’ve renamed the /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/zammad.conf file to a format all my sites use (subdomain.domain.com.conf) and reconfigured the file to use SSL. But at every update, the zammad.conf is placed in the /etc/nginx/sites-enabled again and breaks Nginx.

Should I just keep the zammad.conf file and do all my SSL edits in this file? Will it not replace the file next update? I’d rather use my own format though.

Info:

Expected behavior:

• Zammad updates leave my Nginx conf as is and a Nginx restart goes as expected

Actual behavior:

• Zammad updates place a new zammad.conf file in sites-available / link to sites-enabled and break Nginx

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Rename and edit /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/zammad.conf (or sites-available)
  • Update zammad
  • Check Nginx with # systemctl status nginx

Renaming your nginx-file will cause our update process to re-create it (as it’s missing).
If it’s already there, it won’t be changed during upgrade. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh ok, then there is nothing I can do than to just leave the name as zammad.conf. Thanks!

Yes that’s right.
Sorry about that ;/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.