How to configure office365 smtp outgoing on zammad

• Used Zammad version: 2.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: (source, package) : package

How to configure office365 smtp outgoing in zammad.

Thanks,
Kiran

Dear all,

Does any one know.

Just enter your credentials and the host. There is no special behaviour / config for O365.
Do you get an error message?

Hi Hannes,

I am getting below error.

550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender [BMXPR01MB1013.INDPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM]

HOST: smtp.office365.com
User: user@example.com (domain name masked)
passowrd: password
port : 587 or 25

Regards,
Kiran Reddy

Hi,

please check you notification sender:
“Admin -> Channels -> E-Mails -> Settings -> Notification Sender”

The address you entered there is used for sending notifications and is used for the smtp test.
So your support user != notifications sender AND support is not allowed to send as the support sender

regards

1 Like

Hi Hannes,

When I try to configure O365 SMTP outgoing settings I am gettting error but not with gmail smtp setting.

I hope notification sender part comes after the outbound SMTP configuration.

Regards,
Kiran Reddy

Please read my answer again:

Check this E-Mail address.

1 Like

Hi Hannes,

it’s mentioned as Notification Master <noreply@#{config.fqdn}>.

Now it’s working fine with support@example.com after your suggestion. I have configured support@example.com in notification instead of noreply@#{config.fqdn}.

Regards,
Kiran Reddy

1 Like

why con’t we make as gmail … With gmail as new user I don’t have issue but only with O365 can there be any permanent fix.

Hi Hannes,

Please take this as a future requirement for automating and doing changes with admin user for O365 or any other way.

For example, with Gsuite or Gmail we don’t have an issue but only with O365, we have an issue.

I request you let’s make it automated. Because of laymen will not know this options and they don’t understand.

Regards,
Kiran Reddy

Hi @ikiranreddy,

I’m sorry but I don’t understand what we should automate here or what is the exact problem. E-Mail is not that complex. The Error message gives a clear hint what is the error. The address you are using is not allowed to send using the credentials you provided. This is either an error with your config or you are using the wrong account. And as is understand the problem itself is fixed?

regards
Johannes

P.S.
Sorry for the delay

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.