How to attach files larger than 8 MB to tickets

• Used Zammad version: 5
  • Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, …) source, self hosted
  • Operating system: Ubuntu Server 20.4
  • Browser + version: firefox, chrome

Expected behavior:

• We get some pdf or picture files from our customers which are larger than 8 MB. We have to add them to the tickets. Unfortunally we get a internal server error by uploading this files. Files smaller than 8 MB can be added without problems. The E-Mail max file size is now set to 40 MB. We dont use direct E-Mail import.

Actual behavior:

• Internal Server Error by uploading files larger than 8 MB to tickets

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Take a file larger than 8 MB and upload it. You will get this error.

How can we configure the max size in tickets? In this forum i haven’t found anything for that problem. The only thing i found was settings for the knowledgebase and e-mails. Because of that foundings i had set the value of max size in E-Mails to 40 MB instead of 10 MB, but it dont works for tickets…

Regards

Virtex

1 Like

Came here to ask about this one as well.

under /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/zammad.conf, you need to change the following:

client_max_body_size 50M;

but if this is also less than Attachmend Size, there is no “Internal Error” but customer gets a warning.

Have you looked at Nginx log ?

Hi 7qubit,

thanks for your answer but we are using apache instead of nginx.
Is there an equivalent solution with apache? All i find belongs to php.ini, but we dont have a php.ini… :frowning:

Well of course.
You don’t have a php.ini in Zammad context as Zammad doesn’t use PHP at all.

Please don’t get me wrong, but if you have to ask these kind of questions on this level already, selfhosting a Zammad installation may be a bit over your head. This might be a security issue.

Any way, here’s your answer:
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#limitrequestbody

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.