How to add a tree_select parent and children to a core workflow?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.3.1
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: CentOS Stream 8
  • Browser + version: Chrome 104 / Opera 94

Expected behavior:

• I added a Category attribute to my ticket object defined as a tree_select. Categories (top level parents in the tree_select) have subcategories. 3 categories are defined as follow :

• A : subcategories (children) AB, AC
    • B : subcategories BA, BB, BC
    • C : no subcategories
  • I have a workflow displaying a subset of Category attribute values (Category fixed to a few parents) when a specific group is selected. Let say A and C for example.

• I expect to be able to select either A or AB or AC or C

Actual behavior:

• The Category list in the ticket creation shows A and C, with a > on the right side of A suggesting that I’ll be able to select subcategories but if I click on it, I see A again instead of AB or AC.

• To fix the problem with the fixed list of values for Category, I have to add children instead of parent Category values in the Core Workflow but it is a lot of work and difficult to maintain if you have many subvalues to add and changing them from time to time.

• This behaviour is inconsistent with the fact that if the Cateogory attribute is added in the Core Workflow without restricting the possible values (displayed), you have access to all the subcategories.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• See above

This is a known inconvenience. And there is an existing GitHub issue for it:

Just give the issue a thumbs up to show your interest.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.