How do you handle "passive" tickets?

Hey there

Again a “practical” question about “how to use zammad” :sunglasses:

Situation:
We would like to track ERP generated messages (eg. for customer orders, from start to finish) in zammad in order to have a “complete communication overview” easily accessible to the people needing this kind of information.

Approach:
Sending ERP messages and link them to tickets is simple and easy to achieve by using the ticket handle + ticket number.

How do we achieve the following goals:

1. Keep the ticket “normally” quiet and avoid unnecessary “pending-open ping pong” changes
    Eg. if a delivery note update will be sent to the customer (and therefore also to zammad). the ticket owner (who is 90% of the time the person who triggered this message in the first place) does not need to receive a notification about a status change. AND the ticket does not need to go from eg. “pending” to “open” just in order to be put in “pending” again.

Basically a ticket should only update its state (change to “open”) if a message comes NOT from the ERP system.

2. Is there a way to have a status “pending” without any “until” date?
    As zammad does not allow to use regex matches to set certain fields the only way I could think of keeping the “pending until” state updated is via API… It is not my goal to constantly scan through all kinds of data just to update 1 field…

Hence my Idea to have a “pending” state which is acting like waiting but without any actual “until” value… Is this possible?

3. Drag & Drop from Outlook does not work
    I thought this was a feature in the past. But it seems no to work
    It works only on Chrome…

Regarding (1) from above I thought we could use postmaster filters but then I realized that this won’t work as it states in the documentation:

grafik

Therefore I do not know how to update a ticket but not triggering a state change…

If anybody could provide me with some help that’s very much appreciated.

BR wucherpfennig

Very curious about this idea myself. Not all of our use-cases need a tight tracking involving time & reminders.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.