How can I add a script?

Hello , Where can I add a script to modify something on zammad web because I am a beginner and I do not know how it work and I saw some problem was solved by the script but unfortunately I don’t have any idea I just added the code script on development tools in chrome but it doesn’t give any results thanks for helping me :slight_smile:

Please let us know what you’re trying to achieve.
If you’re not sure what you’re doing, you should ensure that what you wanna do is really that what you want to achieve, other wise “doing something on the console” can be hella dangerous.

As I guess that you want to run console commands, you might want to read this.
https://docs.zammad.org/en/latest/admin-console.html

Sorry but I cannot provide any information, as the use case is still not clear.

Please note that this is a free community where all of us volunteer.
If you want commercial grade support, you’re welcome to either choose Hosted-Setup, a service contract or a workshop that helps you doing whatever you want to do.

There’s no functionality within Zammad that runs script for you, but that’s just something I assume you’re trying without being sure.

@MrGeneration
So I’m sorry, It seems that my problem is not clear. I just asked you how and where can I put the activation code for Chat like to work on my zammad web ?

You can find the needed source code for implementation on your public website within the chat menu:

Please note that the chat is only active if you have at least one active agent (with activated chat) online.
Other wise we will not display the chat applet.

You can find more information about the chat here:
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/channels/chat.html

1 Like

@MrGeneration Thank you I understand this , but where will I put this source code ? this is my question :slight_smile:

@khawla: How I understand it, you just put this code in the source code of your website, where you want to have the chat.

@MamoulianDelacroix
Can i add this code in the source of the development tools which is in google chroom if yes ok otherwise where

I can add because I do not have a database ?

No. You have to embed this code into your companie website, or on which website you want to have your chat.
And in the source tab of chrome, firefox or some other browser you can’t modify your website. You probably have to use your CMS (Content Management System), like Wordpress or Typo3 for that.

1 Like

Okey thank you so much :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.