Highlighter/Marker: private or shared?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 2.9.x
  • Used Zammad installation source: docker-compose
  • Operating system: Debian 9
  • Browser + version: Chrome

I’m a bit confused on how the text highlighter/marker feature is supposed to work. From Helpdesk and Ticketing Software for Your Business | Zammad :

Permanent markup

In each ticket there are one or more key moments: A new approach has been discovered, a particularly tricky answer successfully written or a customer’s verbal abuse has reached a memorable new level. With permanent markers you can highlight the most important places in the ticket. You can display markups collectively, thereby indicating the key facts for your colleagues to note.

This sounds like it should be possible to share highlighted regions with other agents.

But Ticket Settings — Zammad User Documentation documentation says:

Highlighting Ticket Text

Use the highlighter tool in the upper-righthand corner to mark up important text. (Your highlights are not visible to other agents.)

From what I can tell, the documentation seems to be correct - other agents are apparently not able to see regions I’ve highlighted. I think though that sharing highlighted regions might come in handy, especially when asking other agents for feedback about very long tickets.

Is there a way to enable shared highlighting, or is that currently unimplemented?

Maybe the marker should support different “colors” - private colors and shared colors?

1 Like

Hmmm I’m not sure if defining different colors as “shared” or “not shared” is a too good idea.

But in any way, I can understand that you’d want to share the highlighting on articles (I’d like that sometimes as well). From current perspective it’s not shared and I don’t think it was meant to be different when it got implemented.

You can’t change that behaviour.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.