Helpdesk for website run on multiple domains

Hi,
I was wondering if it’s possible to have single Zammad to handle website run on multiple domains. So far I’ve extended ticket object to have “domain” field. Based on that I wish:

1. To send response emails from different domains. That is if ticket has domain set to “a.com” then the response would come from help@a.com, if ticket has domain set to b.com, then help@b.com.
  2. To have email signature content based on domain field. I’ve configured its template to include #{ticket.domain} but it does not work (even though the ticket has domain field filled).
    Are those things possible?
    Thanks
1 Like

Hey there,

sorry for the delay in this topic.
Official Zammad does not support multiple organizations within one instance and / or several domains.

What you can do to workaround this “problem”:
This only can apply, if you do not use catchalls for several domains

You could create an E-Mail-Account and group per domain. This enables:

• Signature per Domain
  • the correct reply address

This will not affect your work, if you configure your overview to take a look into all groups being necessary.

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

Thanks. I am not that familiar with Zammad, but it seems it might work.

Unfortunately I do have catchall between multiple domains. So I guess I’ll need to rethink my setup. Unless there could be some other workaround. Like having proxy email account (which catches heldesk@groupA.com, heldesk@groupB.com), with filters which would forward emails to specific inboxes (preferably me-groupA@zammad.com and me-groupB@zammad.com). I guess it would work well with receiving emails, the problem would be with sending them out with proper “from” or reply-to field.

Anyway, I guess I’ll need to work something out.

Hello,

Zammad has “Filters” (found in the Settings at E-Mail-Channel, second Tab) that can be used for further filtering.
You can set conditions for doing things to an incoming E-Mail, just like filtering for the “To”-Field.

Currently Zammad only supports AND-Conditions. To-Field should be enough with “contains”.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.