Group Email without Inbox or Mail Channel

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.1.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: RPM Package
  • Operating system: Centos 7
  • Browser + version: Firefox 95

It’s less of a unexpected behaviour but more of a question if what I want to achieve is possible or how else I could achieve my goal.

What I want to achieve

I have an exchange inbox which is only accessible via EWS. As Zammad does not support does not support fetching Mails via this API I would plan to write a program that fetches new Mails via EWS and pushes them into Zammad via API.

Main question now is can I configure a group to have the email address of the above mentioned exchange inbox as response address (i.e. the from address for replies to tickets in this group). The mails would be sent via local SMTP which is configured and whitelisted for sending mail of this domain.

As far as I can see there are two places where a solution might be.
a) Is it possible to configure an smtp only email address for a group regardless of an email channel?
b) Is it possible to configure an email channel for smtp only.

To be open to suggestions as well, are there other ways to collect mails into Zammad from an Exchange Inbox that is not accessible by POP3 or IMAP but only through EWS? And if so, how could I configure the Group within Zammad to send mails via local SMTP with the e-mail address of this exchange inbox.

I’d appreciate any input.

BR Christof

Quick Update: Meanwhile we are running Zammad 5.0.3 but the question remains the same.

It is, a quick lurk in the documentation would have helped you:

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.