Infos:

Hi I am running Zammad version 3.3.x on Centos 7

Expected behavior:

I have configured filter:
To: The_receveing_address
Subject contains "regex:[PDV 2[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]]
Group: The_receiving_group

Actual behavior:

Each e-mail sent by my e-mail address to receiving address, whatever it may contain in subject become a new ticket for the receving Group

I’m not really sure I understand your problem but I use regex e-mail filters extensively without problems. Only thing I noticed is your syntax is regex:[..] while I use regex:(condition|condition|condition()|...)
Maybe that’s your problem.

I have tried also with curve parenthesis like regex:(\[PDV 2[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]\])
but it does not work
The idea is to match the following: “[” (open square bracket) followed by the string “PDV” followed by 5 numbers of which the first one is a “2”, followed by “]” (close square bracket)

That should work just fine. What exactly are you trying to achieve with the filter? Maybe there is a misunderstanding.
Here is how I use regex mail filters:
Every new incoming mail to the helpdesk creates a ticket in a group called e.g. “Incoming”
If an incoming mail matches one of my filters it is directly assigned to the group that I chose in the filter and NOT to the group “Incoming”
That’s what this feature is for

You may want to use regex:[P][D][V][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9] instead.
I’ve validated your above mentioned strings which do not work.

I used my favorite online tool to do so:

Above redular expression ensures that you always have to put “PDV” in front of 5 integers. If you use [PDV] the following values would be valid:

• V12345
  • P12345
  • D12345
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.