File attachments renamed and extension removed

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 6.1.0-1698752711.d7dece56.jammy
  • Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, …) source
  • Operating system: Ubuntu Server 22.04.3 LTS
  • Browser + version: Latest Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.

Expected behavior:

• Emails processed into tickets and files retain name and extension, ie Weekly_Report.pdf stays Weekly_Report.pdf in ticket.

Actual behavior:

• Attachments come in named file
    No extensions, nothing.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Anyone seen this before? Attachments being completely stripped of name and extension and just named ‘file’???

Hard to tell with what’s provided.
You’re talking about the actual attachment of an ticket article?

If you can cleanly reproduce this, a mail with such an attachment causing this would be interesting.

Sorry for the delayed response… We threw this project on the back burner for a bit…
But I did some more testing today and it’s a little different. I’ll provide a bit more info…

If users send an email with a PDF from our ERP system to any email address, the PDF comes in format of

PO-123456-Location.pdf

Obviously 123456 is random and location is set by location. But the system has the full name, etc…

If they send the email to the Zammad email, it shows up simply named

file

Not even file.pdf… Just file

Inside of Google Chrome if I download the file it downloads as file
If I download it through Firefox it downloads as file.pdf
Edge mimics the Chrome behavior.

And to make sure it’s not something in the mail system stripping out data, we have sent them through the ERP to an external email address and the full filename shows up.

So it appears Zammad is stripping something from attachments.
I’ll continue to try other things to see if anything makes sense.

I’m afraid I’m unable to reproduce this.
The difference might be the sender - I’ve used Thunderbird to verify this.

It might be a special way your ERP attaches the PDF which makes Zammad “not see” the file name.

To be extra sure, as you’re currently running Zammad 6.1 (or were), please ensure that this is not due to an outdated Zammad version. Upgrade to (currently) Zammad 6.2 and check again with a new incoming mail.