Facebook posts are created as closed tickets and comments don't work properly

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.0.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: (source, package, docker-compose, …) package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04
  • Browser + version: Chrome

Expected behavior:

• Facebook posts and comments are automatically created as tickets on Zammad.
  • Replies posted to tickets on Zammad (set to Public) are posted as comments on the same facebook thread.

Actual behavior:

• Posts are created as closed tickets on Zammad.
  • Zammad doesn’t post replies to tickets as comments on facebook
  • Comments on FB don’t appear on zammad.

We ran into the same issue today. Even though we don’t use facebook very extensively, comments on posts should definitely become tickets. The connection itself seems to work, as new posts made on the page show up as closed tickets, just as @diwaspuri wrote here.

This is on 5.0.x, Docker-compose, Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS x86_64

I think the issue lies in inadequate Facebook permissions as when I am about to link the page from self hosted Zammad installation, the following is cautioned by FB.

2022-01-07 12_01_46-Window

If this is the case, appropriately documenting the necessary permissions and a ‘screencast’ as is required by FB to get approved, might be helpful for us.

Kindly provide the list of necessary permissions and a screencast, if anybody has been able to get it to work.

The following permissions require approval from Facebook for Zammad to fetch Facebook posts & comments properly.

1. pages_manage_posts
  2. pages_manage_engagement
  3. pages_manage_metadata
  4. pages_read_engagement
  5. pages_read_user_content

Right now, the official documentation for setting up Facebook with Zammad at Facebook — Zammad documentation seems incomplete as it doesn’t provide the users adequate resources / steps to achieve the linkage.

Had anyone success with requesting approval from Facebook? My request got declined twice now.

We have the same issue. Did you resolve this?

I have the same issue. Does anyone find a workaround?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.