External data source for objects

Is there a way to query an external database for valid values of a individual field for a ticket?

We’d like to force agents to assign a valid customer-id to each ticket, the customers are already existing in an other application we run. So each ticket should get an extra field, for example with a dropdown menu, where agents have to choose an existing customer(-id) that is coming from querying that other database.

Is that possible with current Zammad?

Maybe it could be done with a webhook somehow, I still think about how …

Thanks for any pointers here.

No Zammad does not supporting querying any third party API or database to fill in more data on e.g. objects.

Yes and no.
Webhooks would help you to ping the third party system and e.g. trigger it to update the ticket with values - but Zammad has no field that allows several options in a dynamic manner.

thanks for the information.

basically I would at least have to force the user to fill in a field manually.

It should not be possible to close a ticket without adding a (valid) ID from the system we want to archive tickets to. The validation won’t work without a database query, as far as I understand. So users will start filling in 1234 or something …

I will have to rethink all this.

Can I clarify my understanding of this? If we wanted to get order details from Amazon Seller Central, using SP-API, Zammad doesn’t support custom field/objects to display the order information?

Yes and no.

Zammad has no technical capability to fetch that data from Amazon directly for you.

However, if you have let’s say a sync script that syncs the data in between Amazon and Zammad via their APIs, you can of course display any valid information within your custom objects without any issues.