Export & Import of tickets of one group

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.1.1(-1652256634.6f2f5073.focal)
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.4
  • Browser + version: Firefox 100.0.2, Chrome 101.0.4951.54

Hey,
we’re a small team managing 2 Zammad instances and we’re looking for a way to export / archive Groups of tickets to either:

• import them to another Zammad instance

or

• Archive them separately either in a third zammad instance only used as an archive, an external mail account or a completely different storage solution (maybe export via .pdf?).

What we’re essentially trying to achieve is moving full Groups (thousands of Tickets) from one instance to another. Both Zammad instances are heavily used already and have multiple Groups already predefined. Our instances are setup with many different mail accounts each corresponding to one group and we want to only move one mail account / group from one instance to another with all tickets (opened & closed) intact.

As we understand it, the Backup Scripts can only backup the DB or the whole Installation, but not single groups or tickets. We’ve been looking for a few days now for a solution but haven’t found a reliable one.

Archive Imports also sound promising, but I don’t think this is possible for this scenario? (Please correct me if I’m wrong)

What we tried so far is:

• Having a scheduler forward mails from one group to an external mail account, in order to keep the message history correct, but there seems to be no option to “Mass Forward” Mails in a scheduler. Forwarding a single ticket is no problem and it keeps message history & formatting, but doing it manually is not feasible for 2000+ Tickets.

• Using a scheduler with “Notification → E-Mail” and put #{article.body} in order to move the Contents of the tickets in a new Ticket to the second instance, but this breaks formatting (results in one big Ticket with all answers in the body) and would only be used as a last resort.

• Trying to find a way through the API or the filesystem itself, but we’re not confident in coming up with a working solution on our own for this task. (Would a simple copy + paste work here?)

We feel like we’re missing some basic functionality that is probably super easy to do, but maybe we’re looking in the wrong spot for this.

Thanks in advance, if you need any more information please tell us and we’ll try to provide as much info as we can!

Kind regards :slight_smile:

Expected behavior:

• Being able to export / backup by Groups and not only full backups

Actual behavior:

• backup scripts are only doing full backups

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• /
1 Like

Hi, Have you had any feedback on this thread? i want to export our tickets from Zammad also

There’s nothing in Zammads core that provides granular exports or backups.
If you need that, you can use Zammads API to achieve that.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.