Exclude certain passwords

Hi,

currently there is no option under settings > security > password to exclude certain passwords or parts of a password like “password”, “1234” or the name of the company etc.

For security reasons it would be highly appreciated to exclude “risky” passwords or phrases. I would imagine a free text where I can type in the passwords / phrases I want to exclude seperated with a semicolon or a comma.

Thanks,

PaBlo

For security reasons it would be highly appreciated to exclude “risky” passwords or phrases. I would imagine a free text where I can type in the passwords / phrases I want to exclude seperated with a semicolon or a comma.

Checking against a dictionary is sensible, but I’d prefer something automatic. The HIBP password list comes to mind… take the top N passwords from the “ordered by prevalence” list (but not the complete list, it’s several GB) and check against those. One could optionally support the API to achieve full coverage, but for privacy reasons, a built-in list should be the default.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.