Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.4.1-1681293771.5a04c99d.focal
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: ubuntu 20.04
  • Browser + version: Edge 112.0.1722.58

Expected behavior:

After setting up OAuth, you should be able to set up an Exchange connection

Actual behavior:

When trying to connect to Exchange online there’s an indefinitely spinning square saying “Analyzing structure”

We are seeing the same on a new Zammad install. I am wondering if we need to configure something in the Enterprise app to give it the correct permissions. There does not seem to be any documentation on how to set this up for Exchange online, that I can find.

Infos

• Zammad 5.4.1
  • Installation type: Package
  • Operating System Alma Linux 8

Logs

I, [2023-05-04T12:32:25.433492#387701-2197120]  INFO -- :   Parameters: {"endpoint"=>"https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx", "user"=>"", "password"=>"[FILTERED]"}
E, [2023-05-04T12:32:25.456428#387701-2197120] ERROR -- : ssl3 ext invalid servername (OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError)
app/controllers/integration/exchange_controller.rb:97:in `autodiscover_basic_auth_check'
app/controllers/integration/exchange_controller.rb:36:in `block in autodiscover'
app/controllers/concerns/integration/import_job_base.rb:45:in `answer_with'
app/controllers/integration/exchange_controller.rb:35:in `autodiscover'
app/controllers/application_controller/has_download.rb:21:in `block (4 levels) in <module:HasDownload>'
app/controllers/application_controller/has_download.rb:20:in `block (3 levels) in <module:HasDownload>'
app/controllers/application_controller/has_download.rb:19:in `block (2 levels) in <module:HasDownload>'
app/controllers/application_controller/handles_transitions.rb:16:in `handle_transaction'

This is still an issue after upgrading to Zammad 6.0. Does anyone have this working on Exchange online?

We don’t see this kind of issue right now.
Can you please ensure that your server actually can verify the SSL certificate correctly?
If that’s working, it should work for Zammad as well.

That being said.
Alma Linux 8 seems to be using OpenSSL3 (I may be wrong but Google searches looked like that).
However, you’re most likely using the CentOS 8 package.

CentOS 8 uses an older OpenSSL version. This means, technically, Zammads dependencies are not fulfilled. If that’s the case, please consider either switching to the source code installation or another distribution (if you can) that has clean package support.

Thanks for the response. I reached the conclusion that it was something wrong with OpenSSL. That there is a version difference makes sense then. We were able to get LDAPS working so that we no longer need the Exchange sync. If CentOS 8 (and thus Zammad) move to OpenSSL3 then we can try again.

I highly doubt that.
CentOS 8 is end of life.