Error "customer_id required" on Macro execution

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.0.2
  • Used Zammad installation type: package
  • Operating system: CentOS 8.3.2011
  • Browser + version: Chrome latest

Actual behavior:

I want to create a Macro for SPAM tickets. On some of those tickets, we have to change the customer, as the email address of the sender is a “bounce back” address and tickets keep re-opening. Thus, Ive set the following Macro:

When I apply the Macro on the spam tickets, I do get the following error message:

I tried debugging the customer_id field for my user (the current user while running the Macro) in the rails console, but seems like customer_id is not a user field.

irb(main):015:0> User.find(8).customer_id
Traceback (most recent call last):
        1: from (irb):15
NoMethodError (undefined method `customer_id' for #<User:0x0000562ada93aae8>)
Did you mean?  customer_ticket_ids

Manually changing the Customer, applying the tag and closing the ticket works as expected.

Any idea on how to make the Marcro work? Thanks much
Sebastian

No one an idea? Or any hints on how to troubleshoot a bit more detailed?
Thanks

Looks like a bug, even through I find setting the current user running the operation very sketchy.
Please create a bug report at https://github.com/zammad/zammad and reference this thread.

Thanks for your feedback Marcel. I raised Error “customer_id required” on Macro execution · Issue #4022 · zammad/zammad · GitHub

Would you have any other recommendation to conveniently replace a customer?

The use-case is as follows:
We receive tickets that are either informational or just SPAM, but the account creating those tickets is a noreply@ address. So when you close the ticket, a “ticket closed” mail is triggered towards noreply.
Most companies reply with “this mailbox is not monitored”, which in turn re-opens the ticket.
As long as you don’t manually change the customer, the ticket will remain open.
Since we also add some tags to those tickets using a Macro, the idea was easy to just replace the customer within the same macro.

If you have a better idea on how to achieve prevent re-opening of those tickets in an easy way, I’d also love to take a look at that.
Thanks much
Sebastian

If the to address is really noreply, Zammad should not fire a trigger based mail as per block notifications:
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/channels/email/settings.html

However, hard to tell. Possibly the mail address is faked in a way that makes Zammad fall for it.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.