ERROR -- : Can't use Channel::Driver::Smtp: #<EOFError: end of file reached>

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 4.1.x
  • Installation method (source, package, …): Package
  • Operating system: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
  • Database + version: (PostgreSQL) 11.14 (Debian 11.14-0+deb10u1)
  • Elasticsearch version: 7.x
  • Browser + version: MS Edge, Chrome, Firefox newest versions

Expected behavior:

• We created an automation task that will send an close notification e-mail to the customer of the ticket.
  • We expected that Zammad will send E-Mails to all customers of alle closed tickets.

Actual behavior:

• Zammad system shows following error message:
  • ERROR – : Can’t use Channel::Driver::Smtp: #<EOFError: end of file reached>

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Create an automation task that will send E-Mails to the customer if the ticket is closed.
1 Like

Same problem here when trying to set up smtp relay for outbound email channel. I used the docker-compose set up.

Hello again,

it seems that this problem occurs when some batch processing of tickets or a batch of some timed tickets are opened synchronously.

We just investigated that there are message rate limits with microsoft exchange:
Message rate limits and throttling | Microsoft Docs

Maybe it is somehow possible to let batches of tickets to be processed with some time delay?

Best regards

Okay i´ve found out that my SMTP relay does not used SSL/TLS and there is no option to disable the usage of SSL/TLS in the email channels settings.

Hello,

are there any news on this issue? We still have issues when closing multiple tickets in batch or a lot of tickets one by one. Randomly our zammad installation tells us in Channel-settings that it “Can’t use Channel::Driver::Smtp: #<EOFError: end of file reached>”.

Please keep this thread open.

Best regards,
Daniel

We have found a workaround/configuration option for our use case.

With the following command you can see the configured “MessageRateLimit” on your onPrem Exchange-servers:
Get-ReceiveConnector | ft name,MessageRateLimit

For us it worked out to higher the configured limits on each server.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.