Empty/blank fields when syncing field with LDAP

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.0.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: Source
  • Operating system: Debian GNU/Linix 11
  • Browser + version: Google Chrome Version 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Expected behavior:

• Create a custom field in Zammad (testing has shown this to be optional, but I thought I would include it)
  • Configure LDAP mapping to include an attribute from Active Directory, mapping it to the new field
  • Allow Zammad to sync, showing users have been updated
  • Users with the attribute from AD have the new field populated with data

Actual behavior:

• Configure LDAP mapping to include an attribute from AD, mapping it to the new field
  • Allow Zammad to sync, showing users have been updated
  • The field that should contain the attribute from AD is empty, despite many users having this field populated

Summary:

I’ve been working on configuring the Zammad helpdesk’s LDAP integration, and I’ve run into a bit of an issue with getting some data from our Active Directory to sync with the users in the help desk.

For the most part, all of the fields I’ve been mapping have worked wonderfully, however I’ve been trying to map some new fields—an ‘employee number’ field is the one I’m struggling with—and the field in question seems to be coming up blank, even after a sync!

I’ve checked to see if it’s an issue exclusive to custom fields, however the issue persists even if I try to map the data to the Notes field in users, with the same result. Every other field added so far has mapped correctly, however this field is having trouble, despite being no different (as far as I can tell) from any other fields.

I was wondering if there would be any particular reason that a field would show empty in LDAP, and if there’s anything in particular I can do to make sure fields in AD map over correctly. I’ve attached some screenshots below of my mapping if there’s anything obvious I’ve missed. If there’s anything else you’d need from me, please let me know!

Thank you in advance!
Rob

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.