• Browser + version: All

Expected behavior:

• Email with password sent to user or an auth link to view tickets

Actual behavior:

• No Email

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Make new user

Notes:
When a user is created there is no email to them with login info, or the links to the tickets don’t have an auth string in them so they can see the ticket. It is making it hard for users to see updates.

Personally I never expected zammad to send user information.
But this might get a Feature Request (so you can choose if you want to send the notification or not).

To be honest I don’t think that this is possible (at the moment)

Then if an account is automatically created (from email or admin), how does a user get their info? Also noticed that password reset emails never arrive

Sounds more like a configuration problem - how is your Notification E-Mail configured?

Since I didn’t expect zammad to send E-Mails to the user, I gave the user the information.
Plus: You wouldn’t even need to give the user the password, but can give him the password reset link (as long as that works).

I just tested this in my instance to ensure this isn’t a bug, my email reset function sends E-Mails as expected.

yes email go out just not reset emails…

Please answer that for example with screenshots - it’s hard to help you when we have to dig in the dark. :slight_smile:

Sorry About that

]

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.