Email notification to admin when a new account is created

Hi,

Please can you help regarding email notification to admin

I need to know if it’s possible to admin to be notified when a new account is created.

Does this feature already exist?

Thanks in advance for you answer

Regards,
Fabrice

Hi,

Do you have any update regarding my request?

Thanks

I’m confused, is this a feature request or a technical assistance request?
Neither way - pushing threads does not help nor is the requested functionality possible with Zammad.

Just as a side note, as mentioned in the documentation ( Users — Zammad documentation ) Zammad creates a new user automatically if receiving a mail from a yet unknown user. Above request would mean that e.g. an admin is being spammed by “user created” notifications every time an agent or the system creates an user.

I really don’t see why this would be useful.

You should do this with the API

Thanks for you reply.

The problem is that when a new user has created a new account on Zammad if I am not connected on Zammad web interface I am not able to see that a new user has created an account.

Therefore my request is to know how from Zammad web interface or probably as @bur said through API I can enable this feature. For information when a ticket is created or updated I receive a mail notification. I think it should be possible for new account creation.

Thanks for your help

Hi,
After a long time of research, I finally found how to send email notification to admin when a new account is created. I updated the following source file /opt/zammad/lib/notification_factory/mailer.rb by adding the following lines in source file:

def self.send(data)

Rails.logger.info “Send notification to: #{User.find_by(login: ‘<admin_login>’)[:email]} (from:#{sender}/subject:#{data[:subject]})” # To have this line in zammad log

channel.deliver(
{

cc: User.find_by(login: ‘staffsupport’)[:email], # To show admin email in notification mail
bcc: User.find_by(login: ‘staffsupport’)[:email], # To hide admin email in notification mail

},
true
)
end

Thanks.

Hi,

It’s just an update regarding how to send email notification to admin when a new account is created.

I updated the following source file /opt/zammad/lib/notification_factory/mailer.rb by adding the following lines in source file:

def self.send(data)

Rails.logger.info “Send notification to: #{[“staffsupport@xxx.com”]} (from:#{sender}/subject:#{data[:subject]})” # To have this line in zammad log

channel.deliver(
{

cc: [“staffsupport@xxx.com”], # To show admin email in notification mail
bcc: [“staffsupport@xxx.com”], # To hide admin email in notification mail

},
true
)
end

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.