E-Mail Notification channel vanishes after SMTP configuration

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 6.2.0
  • Used Zammad installation type: RPM package
  • Operating system: openSUSE
  • Browser + version: Firefox

Expected behavior:

• Configure SMTP for notification channel with no authentication (not sendmail)
  • Settings get verified
  • Channel is configured

Actual behavior:

• Configure SMTP notification channel
  • Settings get verified (postfix logs successful send to verify-external-smtp-sending@discard.zammad.org)
  • Channel just disappears
  • Set Channel active again via rails c tool
  • Channel is visible again in Web-Interface
  • Settings are reset to sendmail

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Configure local SMTP relay Server with postfix
  • Verify postfix settings by sending yourself an E-Mail
  • Configure SMTP in E-Mail NotificationChannel in Zammad

Line in postifx log: 2024-04-17T14:56:07.875755+02:00 zam1 postfix/smtp[7220]: DCC594E001E: to=verify-external-smtp-sending@discard.zammad.org, relay=****[*****]:25, delay=601, delays=599/0.02/2/0.05, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 43HCu6Tl000851 Message accepted for delivery)

There’s not just one Notification channel. Technically there’s two, one for each sendout method. Channels don’t magically are set to inactive. What are you doing?

Please also update your first post for exact versions, thank you.

The SMTP channel was actually missing. Thanks for the hint.
I installed zammad on another machine and recreated the channel using the defaults from there via psql. Now it works.

To the reason:
We migrated from OTRS and deleted groups we didn’t want to use in Zammad. I know, do such modifications at your own risk. I just want to be honest here.
I think we deleted the group that was connected to that channel and the channel with it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.