E-Mail answers of customers always set to internal?

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 5.0.x
  • Used Zammad installation type: source
  • Operating system: CentOS 7
  • Browser + version: Chrome

Expected behavior:

• When a customer answers to a ticket via mail I want the article that gets created to be public

Actual behavior:

• When a customer answers via mail the article is always set to internal, we have to manually set the article to public so that it gets visible for the customer when he goes into the ticket from the web interface

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

• Answer on a through a trigger generated mail to a ticket
1 Like

Does anyone have an answer for this

Hi. We have the complete opposite in our Zammad 5.x installation :slight_smile:

Every mail that comes in for a certain ticket is created as public. It would be great if it would be private a first - at least in most of the cases I use our Zammad.

We tried to find something in the configuration about this a couple of weeks ago but have not found anything that could be helpful.

Martin

Sounds like OP is having issues with a trigger.
Martins “issue” can be solved with those as well.

See:
https://admin-docs.zammad.org/en/latest/manage/trigger.html

TL;DR: Described behavior is not default behavior.

What’s strange is that I don’t set any article visibility via a trigger when a customer answers to a ticket. Most of the time the customer answers to an e-mail that is generated by a trigger, the article then is send to the ticket, set to internal (who ever knows why) and then a trigger fires and gives the agent a description that the ticket was updated by the customer and what text the customer wrote.
Is it possible that theres a bug anywhere?

As I said: This is not default behavior.
A screencast with non productive data (so that nobody sees customer data) might help to understand what exactly you’re doing to possibly help you.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.