Disable login page and redirects to SSO provider

Hi,

It would be very handy to disable the login page / login form if you are using any kind of SSO as primary mean of authentication.

The use case is: My company uses zammad as support platform for its user. The product we sell is authenticated, users are invited to create an account and access all our resources (documentation, download assets, software, etc…) through this authentication scheme.
Our authentication provider supports SAML and zammad was a perfect fit on that point.

The problem is that the login page offers a login / password form and users can’t help but to try their product credentials in there where they should in fact click on the SAML button.

Current workaround have been to tweak the login page CSS to hide the login form and modify the SAML button to display the company logo and “Log In With [Company Name]”. It works ok but breaks each time we restart / update zammad and it feels like a very hacky way of doing it.

The ideal behaviour would be:

• User tries to access any content (Including the login page itself).
  • Instead of presenting the login page, redirects the user to the “primary SSO” set up by the administrator
  • User logs in using third party provider and finally redirects and have access to requested content.

Thanks a lot,

Keep on the good work, this is a great piece of software.

Nicolas Jarnoux

2 Likes

Just link them to yourzammad.server.com/auth/sso instead of just yourzammad.server.com and voilá.

That being said, more customizing for the logon page would be neat.

Well, If they happen to be logged out of zammad they’ll get redirected to the login page anyway. I mean if I send a link to a ticket, they’ll be redirected to the login page. Not a solution sorry…

I just wanted to ask for the same thing. We use Zammad only for our internal organisation and would like to hide the regular login-form and only provide the SSO button to access Zammad.

I’ve even added a permanent login-message to tell our users to skip the login fields and just press the Microsoft button, but it’s not enough.

In the search I saw this feature request was also requested back in 2019. I hope this one will get picked up sooner.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 416 days. New replies are no longer allowed.