Data privacy - permanent remove of tickets already removed via interface

Infos:

• Used Zammad version: 3.6.0-1614182081.1cec710b
  • Used Zammad installation source: package
  • Operating system: centos8
  • Browser + version: any

Expected behavior:

• A possibility to permanently remove tickets/users already removed via the interface. They are still kept on the Data Privacy page.
    If we remove them via the console, they are permanently removed. However, if we removed them via the interface, we were not able to find out how to remove them permanently.

Actual behavior:

• When we remove tickets or users via the interface, they are kept on the Data Privacy page. We’ve checked the related documentation at Privacy & Data Retention — Zammad documentation, but there is no info how to remove them permanently after removing them via the interface. Also, there is no info on the period of how long they will be kept in the Data Privacy section? (yes, there is period for closed chats, CTI, Log, etc.)

I’m confused.
The only reference that is still left is ticket numbers and a user ID.
These information are useless as they are no longer living in the system.

First-, lastname and email address are redacted as mentioned in the documentation.
So sorry, I don’t understand the issue.

I wanted to ask whether the information - ticket number & user ID - is kept in the system (on the Data Privacy page) forever?
I agree with you that these pieces of information are useless, however, we would like to know if there is an option to remove them completely?

I understand that this is possible via console, however, if we removed them via interface first, the information (ticket number & user ID) is kept in the system and we cannot find any way how to remove them via console now.
So this is the question - can we remove these remaining pieces of information via console and how?

Any clarification about my question?

As of now Zammad does not remove old Data Privacy tasks, no.

Dangerzone

The following operation would allow you to remove finished tasks.
As always, potential dangerous operation, have a backup. You know the deal.

zammad run rails r "DataPrivacyTask.where(state: 'completed').destroy_all"

Sorry for taking time to respond. Bumping threads actually move threads down my list because I’m sorting after last update. There’s a lot to do so.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.